An easy to make crowd pleaser, the Plum and Thyme Prosseco Smash can be served at brunch for a fancier alternative to the mimosa, but it would also be lovely at happy hour or at your weekend dinner party! A cocktail that can turn from day to night without hesitation.
- 2 Plums
- 6 Thyme Sprigs
- Juice from one Lemon
- 4 Tbsp. Thyme Simple Syrup (1/2 Cup of Sugar, 1/2 Cup of Water, bring to a boil, remove from heat, add thyme sprigs, stir, and let cool. Chill until ready to use.)
- 1 Bottle of Prosecco or your favorite bubbly
- Peel and chop 2 plums.
- Muddle the plums with the thyme simple syrup and lemon juice until all of the plum juices have been released. (You can also muddle right in the glass if you prefer to have bits of fruit in your cocktail!)
- Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour over crushed ice evenly between two glasses.
- Top off with prosecco and garnish with extra plum slices and thyme sprigs.
- Serve immediately.
Don't forget to grab yourself a Mixologist kit from the Wine Hub Direct Store, with our sets suitable for even beginners, starting at just $24.95.